GRACE by Selena Kitt
Childhood friends Leah and Erica have been sacrificial lambs at the altar of a scandalous corruption within the Catholic Church, violated by those who have, in their lust for power, turned the sacred profane.
The mystery of Leah’s disappearance results in a long-awaited reunion, but it is tainted by both their loss of innocence and a deep, unfathomable sorrow, which only leads to more secrets that have yet to be uncovered.
The revelations Erica and Father Michael have already exposed in their search to find the truth have only scratched the surface of the mystery they are about to unravel.
But will their discovery serve to save them and redeem the innocence they have lost, or will the sins of the fathers prove to be too powerful and destroy them all?
GRACE by Selena Kitt
This was the last book in the series and it was the perfect end. Finally the HEA I have anxiously been waiting for.
The heartache that all of these characters have gone through is tremendous. Every single one of them.
The twists and turns that mess with your head in the final book are fucking phenomenal!
There was so much packed into this book and it took my head many many attempts to wrap around it all! I mean, what a mind fuck! I did not see it all coming, really I didn’t! Ok, enough gushing from me.
There were so many characters that held a major role in this story that I can’t really discuss them all. I can, however, tell you that the following people show up and have quite the story to tell.
- LEAH – Of course, is still fighting for her daughter and husband while trying to forgive her mother.
- ERICA – Has a shit-ton of information to process and is trying to come to terms with even more heavy shit she learns.
- ROB – Is still trying to find his daughter and support his woman but, he also has been hiding even more shit!
- FATHER MICHAEL – Is still struggling with his feelings but also learns some disturbing truths about his own family history.
- LIZZIE, MARTY, JEAN and FRANNIE – From the girls home, where they were all pregnant show up again!
- ELIZABETH – Remember the girl with the rose tattoo on her thigh? Yup, that bitch is back with some amazing intel!
- PATTY – We learn so much about Patty and her history and it makes your wee heart stutter.
- SUSAN – Erica’s mother, although dead, had tons of skeletons!
- FATHER PATRICK – Dirty old bastard has so much more that he needs to be punished for!
- THE GOUL – I hate her so much, and she’s back making me hate her more.
I despise the way that women were treated back then, Absolutely hated it.
“They’ll want to force you to submit to a psychiatric exam with one of their doctors. He, of course, will diagnose you as sexually deviant because you got pregnant out of wedlock in the first place, and hence, you may be judged unfit to be a mother.”
“Instead, they’ll label Leah as neurotic. They’ll point to all of those natural reactions of grief—crying jags, bouts of anger and depression, irritability, low self-esteem, anxiety, even chronic headaches and stomachaches—as signs of neurosis that prove her unfit to be a mother.”
- SEX SCENES – Again the sex was not the big issue on this book and again that was ok! Don’t worry I won’t be making a habit out of that. It’s just that the first book was super sexy and then I couldn’t not read the next ones. I needed answers!
FINAL THOUGHTS on GRACE by Selena Kitt
Such a well-written story. Full of twists and turns, heartache and joy!
Must read series, 4.5 stars